The project “Learn from Every Patient” involved 1000 children with cerebral palsy to find the best treatments and apply new standards. The results of this project have been implemented at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and a National Institute of Health grant was approved to implement this methodology at other large medical centers in the USA.
- Individuals with CP often have many doctors who need to be in close contact with each other.
- Secondary illnesses are challenging to patients’ health; it is unclear how many of those can be avoided.
- What are the best practices to care for CP?
- How efficient are our practices in preventing disease and encouraging socialization?
- How do clinicians use existing data to predict and solve clinical issues?
- Dr. Amy Newmeyer MD, Lamara Love RN